Werner Corporation History
Werner Corporation’s roots date back almost 100 years to the original founding of Foster Sand & Gravel in 1920. In 1951, owner G.L. Werner built a concrete batch plant on Commercial St. in Anaheim, CA which would eventually become Werner Corporation’s corporate office for the next 45 years. During that period, G.L. Werner expanded operations to eventually include a number of aggregate sites, a crane division, a trucking division, as well as concrete batch plants throughout Orange County.
In 1995, Werner Corporation decided to focus the company exclusively on aggregate mining and processing. This change prompted the sales of the batch plant and crane divisions, followed by a period of acquisitions and growth that led Werner Corporation to become a leading aggregate supplier in the Southern California market.
Today, Werner Corporation acts as the parent company to numerous regional mining entities which include Foster Sand & Gravel, Chandler Aggregates, Mayhew Aggregates and Mine Reclamation, and Coachella Valley Aggregates. Shipping aggregates as far north as Ventura County and south to the Mexican border, Werner Corporation has established a reputation of providing high-quality, construction grade aggregate, with unparalleled customer service.
Led today by 3rd generation family members, Werner Corporation continues to focus on meeting the ever-changing needs of both its customers and the construction industry, while remaining sensitive and responsive to environmental issues and community relations.